A Community Working for a Brighter Future
Declaration & Restrictive Covenants
Articles of Incorporation
Rules & Regulations
Please Login to Access Governance Documents for Resident Owners
For information concerning the Association Governing Documents, please contact the SLLA office at 501 Seven Lakes North, Seven Lakes, NC 27376, phone: (910) 673-4931
The governance, business, and community activities of Seven Lakes Landowners Association is defined by:
- NC State Statutes
- Property Deeds & Subdivision Plats
- Seven Lakes Landowners Association (Association) Governing Documents
- Articles of Incorporation
- Rules and Regulations
- Resolutions & Policies
Definitions and Hierarchy of Documents
Describes the location and nature of the common property and individual lots.
Comprises the individual lot deeds and the deeds to common property which give a legal description of the property.
The Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions
The declaration of CC&R’s is the collection of covenants imposed on all property within the development and provides:
- For automatic association membership of all owners and the basis for voting rights
- The obligation of each owner to share in funding the cost of association operations
- Certain restrictions (architectural control and other rules) on the use of the property and the association’s enforcement powers. Sets forth the power and authority of the association to own and maintain the common property and to make and enforce rules
Articles of Incorporation
- Creates the association as a legal entity under NC State corporate statute
- Defines the board powers and responsibilities of the association and its membership
- Sets forth the process for creating the board of directors, voting system, etc.
Implements, in specific detail, the provisions of the Covenants and the Articles of Incorporation regarding the association operations, including delineation of the meeting process, election procedures, powers and duties, board meetings, committees, insurance requirements, rule-making and enforcement process.
Rules and Regulations
Regulations and guidelines for all residents for the use of Common area amenities (lakes, swimming pool), judicial process, and ARB guidelines. The Architectural Review Board (committee) was created to assure that the objective of the Association was achieved. The ARB’s function is to administer and perform the architectural review and control functions of the Association. Accordingly, the ARB Guidelines provide that no Improvements or Alterations may be constructed, erected, removed, or any addition, or exterior change, replacement, or Alteration be made, unless approved by the ARB. Approval must be in writing.